HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Retro Romper

Hi!  Sorry I'm off to a slow start this year!  The move has made the boys a little needy so sewing has been on the back burner while I get them settled in their new home.  I am however working on a romper for a friend who just had a precious baby boy and when I was unpacking found this one that I made for Mason awhile back.







This is a Kwik Sew pattern that I found at fabric.com.  It took me forever to find this type of romper pattern.  I had bought a few of these same type of rompers on clearance for Nate when Pottery barn kids was selling baby clothes and fell in love with them!  I was so happy to find this pattern and it has been put to good use in our house.  They are great for potty training!  These photos tug at my heart!  He looks like such a baby! 











The pattern offers an option of adding the trim panels and 2 front pockets.  I love these details.  I think it is was gives this romper the retro look.  I also top stitched in a contrast color so the details stand out. 


 

He has almost outgrown this yellow one. This photo was taken over the summer and now he looks to much like a big boy to pull off this look anymore:(  You can't see it very well but with this one a added wooden buttons and top stitched with brown thread. 







I also made this one with long pants.




If you are looking for a good romper pattern this is the one!




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That's just adorable!

    I wonder how it'd work to use that pattern to remake a men's shirt, keeping the placket. Hmmm. In any case, I'm delighted to have this pattern number as a reference - will definitely add it to my list. All your versions are so adorable! (well, so is your handsome little fellow!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.