HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ruffled Beach Robe

Here is what I worked on this weekend.  The hubby took the kids almost all weekend so I could get a break and have some much needed sewing therapy.  I think he had other plans for our family this weekend but one look at me on Saturday and he started taking over telling me to go enjoy myself.  I must have looked as crazy as I was feeling.  He looked a little scared of me to tell you the truth;)




I call this the "bark tastes yuke face".
 I'm not sure what it is about summer but my kids loose their minds!  All of my friends homeschooling and not seem to be going through the same thing.  It's as if all the kids got together and made a pack to torture their parents this month!  OK, maybe I'm getting a little carried away.  We keep the same schedule for the most part but for some reason they are rowdy, whinny, and restless!  I will say, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact the TV has slowly crept back into our lives.  With ISR swim lessons at the house everyday for 7 weeks our schedule got out of whack and towards the end I was allowing a little TV.  Now I'm finding myself turning it on to get a moments peace which is not good for any of us so tomorrow we will back to no TV and the next two weeks will be training and adjusting time AGAIN!  I just need to remember the pay off is worth it and get back into my 6:00a.m. spin class to release some stress!

Now that I'm done whining I can share my new favorite pattern with you.  Dana over at MADE has a fantastic new pdf pattern for sale.  It is a kids Beach Robe made out of terry.  I've made 3 so far.  One for each of the kids to use when they get out of the pool.  The best part is I was able to use stained towels that were going to be put in the rags drawer.  You can't see any stains now!  We go through so many towels so I'm hoping this will eliminate some laundry.  Even if it doesn't they turned out super cute and the kids seem to really like them so far. 






The pattern was easy to print and follow.  I love pdf patterns!  Just print, tape, and sew.  I usually don't use patterns because I can't stand all that thin pattern paper that the kids think is fun to roll around in and I really don't like tracing patterns to get the right size.  Here I go whining again.  Maybe the problem is me not the kids! 

I added ruffles to Madeline's and instead of a tie around the waist I added a vintage button.  It fits her better this way and the tie was taking away from the sweet feminine look.  I will be posting a mini tutorial this week. 







Hehe, sewing is fun....


Is anyone else out there feeling whinny too????







Pin It

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.