HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Friday, July 8, 2011

Stay-cation

One of our family traditions is to go out of town for the 4th.  This year we decided to stay home and put the money into some much needed house projects.  Tony still took off work and we have spent the past week enjoying our "stay-cation".  We have had family and friends over, fireworks, festive food, swimming, boating, fishing, antique and thrift shopping, and we have been eating really well with our fresh catch from the river.











It's shrimp season.  I can't believe my picky little eaters have been eating these up!  The hubby has been sauteing them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and the kids can't get enough!


Cocanut Cake from Barefoot Contessa recipe.  I love her!  This cake is amazing and easy to make.  It's also a show stopper if your looking to impress your quests.


This was a bad idea!  Small ashes ended up all over the top of the cake....  It was still yummy. 


Afternoon rain storms to cool us off.


Watching the fireworks from the dock.




Fresh flouder.



Red Fish.



Little antiqe rocker I found while thrifting. 



Now it's time to sneak in a little sewing while the weather is rainy.

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. hey, looks like you're having a great week!

    Wait until you see all the goodies I've been collecting up here- of course, all things I have no room for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.