HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Party dress.

Here is the dress I made for Madeline's first birthday.













I added a little silk flower headband to match that she surprisingly kept on most of the time. It was super easy to make. I rolled folded strips of silk to make the flowers and glued them to a bow of tulle.  I glued the tulle to a beaded strip of trip and then attached elastic to the trim.  It took about 10 minutes and totally made the outfit.











 I love this color pink on her! I made the ruffles one row shorter that I had originally planned because even though she is walking a little, she mostly still crawls. The good news is the bodice is a tad bit big so I think I will be able to add the 4th ruffle and she can get one more wear out of it in the Spring.  I used invisible snaps to close the back.  They are so much easier than buttons and look just as good!







It is 100% silk. The top fabric came pre-quilted and the bottom is raw silk.  There is also a layer of brown tulle under each ruffle to add extra poof. I was all about the poof with this one! I started writing a tutorial but I decided not to torture you! This thing was an absolute pain!






What do you think?  Is it worthy of a princess on her first birthday? 

Happy Sewing! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful dress Steffanie! And your little one is definitely a princess!! Wonderful work, really.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, it turned out so sweet! Love the photos of her in the grass- the colors are so beautiful. And love the hairpiece- perfect!

    Can we come over some day this week or next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stylish. I love it. If you get a chance I would love you to link your party dress up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article, thanks for sharing this information. Good to know that this blog is being covered also in this web site.

    An offbeat from tradition and formality. simple wedding dresses are relatively less considered compared with common cascading ones. Yet there’s always a need to break away from the norm for a little while. Amber’s wedding dresses 2012 favor you an untilled land to show off your talent and philosophy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.