HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Monday, December 12, 2011

Boys Christmas T-shirts and a Dress

Here is what I came up with for our Christmas photos.  I decided to go with the easy and quick again.  I think this is the only way I'm going to get them all into handmade clothing at the same time.  For the boys I used the Tee for Two Pattern by Pattern's by Figgy's.  It's a raglan style shirt and you can sew these up in about 15 minutes after you get a little practice with the neckline.  I change my neckline a little each time as well.  With these I doubled over the finished edge to make it more narrow and give it a cleaner seam.  The Christmas robot embroidery patterns on the front came from Urban Threads.  That is a great site if you are looking for unusual embroidery!




For Madeline's dress It's just a rectangle folded in half and sewn together along the side.  I then folded the top down 6" and shirred.  For the sleeves I attached two rectangles to the top and shirred 4 rows.  I added the bows because It was a little plain without them. 



I took photos for an hour and this is the best I got for our Christmas card!  Oh well, we are still getting lots of wear out of these. 







I was told I could never pull off this polka dot fabric for boys.  I have to admit it concerned me a little but I really wanted them to wear some color for a change.  What do you think?  Can boys wear polka dots?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.