HOME ABOUT ME PATTERNS/TUTORIALS FEATURED CONTACT ME

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Messenger Bag Tutorial


Click photo to view tutorial

I recently followed my own tutorial to make a birthday present for one of our sweet friends 6th birthday.  I had originally created this pattern for the boys for a Christmas present to use as a scavenger nature study bag.  They still use those bags when they go exploring so I thought it would be the perfect handmade and recycled treasures gift for our adventurous little friend.








I made a few changes to the pattern.  I made it a little larger and used quilting fabric so I lined it with fusible fleece.  The fabric is by Sarah Jane except for the blue dots.  I believe the blue dots is an Amy Butler fabric.  For the piping around the flap I covered existing piping.  Even with the changes this bag only took about 2 hours total to create.

For the surprises on the inside we used recycled goods from the thrift store, items we found in the house, and we purchased 2 small treasures to make it complete.  Inside there is a journal, artist pencil, flower press, sun flower seeds, compass, magnifying glass, and small expandable cage.  Small treasures to help spark a desire to head outside and explore Gods beauty.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! It so great to hear from you and it is what keeps me motivated to create.